The March B.A.S.H. meeting was held on Sunday the 18th at the home of John and Nikki Daniels in Rockport. The club’s President and Vice President were missing, so we drafted Paul Holder to run the meeting. Treasurer Carroll Pate reported another healthy treasury balance.
The remainder of the meeting was brief. Since the new fiscal year begins in July, we need to elect officers during the June meeting. If you’re interested in serving as President or Vice President, show up and toss your hat in the ring (even you, Travis). Paul announced that he will take orders for B.A.S.H. shirts during the July meeting. Tom Freund knows a guy with a large cylinder and regulator containing CO2/nitrogen mix. He’d like $100 for it, but would accept about any offer. Tom has the phone number.
Thinking WAY ahead to December, Carroll announced that he and Judy will NOT be serving pork loin, replacing it with carnitas, charro beans, guacamole and, possibly, rice.
There was no competition or demonstration brew this month. As we feasted on pasta, we enjoyed new homebrews by Wild Bill Lehfeld (roggenbier/weizenbock), Claudio Montiel (Irish red ale/sorghum ale) and Carroll ("Ball and Chain" wheat kölsch). Jason Merry brought a mixed pack of Firestone Walker beers, including the Pale 31 Ale, Double Barrel Pale and IPA. As usual, old homebrew inventory reductions were plentiful.
Random overheard utterances included …
- "The more insurance you have, the sicker you are."
- "I don’t have any stones!"
- I’d like that in hogsheads!"
- "With my phone, you can’t butt-dial anybody."
- "Is it a floater?"
Upcoming B.A.S.H. events:
- 8-June-14: B.A.S.H. meeting (Danna Sharpe, German wheat/rye beer competition, BJCP 15A-D)
- 13-July-14: B.A.S.H. meeting (B&J’s Pizza on Staples hosted by Paul Holder, brewing demonstration)
- 2-Aug-14: Mead Day (need host, multiple brewing demonstrations)
- 10-Aug-14: B.A.S.H. meeting (Nick Nichol, Saison competition, BJCP 16C)
- 14-Sep-14: B.A.S.H. meeting (Adam Klager, brewing demonstration)
- 12-Oct-14: B.A.S.H. meeting (Claudio Montiel, bock competition, BJCP 5A-D)
- 1-Nov-14: Iron Mash XI (B&Js Pizza on Staples at Timbergate, multiple brewing demonstrations)
- 9-Nov-14: B.A.S.H. meeting (Andrew Herzig/Sabrina Krueger, barleywine competition, BJCP 19B/19C)
- 14-Dec-14: B.A.S.H. meeting (Carroll Pate, brewing demonstration)
Thanks again John and Nikki, keep on brewin’ and we’ll see you next month at Danna’s (as always, with your own glass)!