John and Nikki Daniels hosted the May B.A.S.H. meeting at their home in Rockport. There was no competition or brewing demonstration, just food, beer and conversation. No scandals emerged, as Travis Clapp was absent.
President Jason Merry called the meeting to order and received another scintillating report from Treasurer-For-Life Carroll “Shark Bait” Pate. Vice President Erik Hinz was thanked for his outstanding work on the new website.
In new business, Paul Holder will take orders for B.A.S.H. t-shirts and polo shirts at the next two meetings. To order a shirt, you will have to pay half of the cost up front. A nominating committee of Jason, Erik and Paul will come up with a slate of officer candidates for the 2013 – 2014 fiscal year, which begins in July. If you’re interested in serving, please contact one of these gentlemen.
As we supped on pasta and fixin’s, we swilled mostly previously-tasted homebrews. A few new efforts surfaced, including Tom Freund’s dampfbier, Andrew Herzig’s “American bock”, Paul’s dampfbier and erupting bitter and Chris Swanson’s winter dark ale and two amber ales. Quite a few interesting commercial beers showed up, including Robin Baker’s Harpoon 100 Barrel Series Director’s Cut, John’s Yuengling Lager and Black & Tan, Rick Kelly’s Samuel Adams New World, Joe Reyes’ Sierra Nevada Tumbler, Sabrina’s Jester King Black Metal Farmhouse Imperial Stout and Gregory Tegarden’s Real Ale Four Squared, Hans’ Pils and Brewer’s Cut Altbier.
Not too much crazy talk this meeting, just the following gems :
- “The older I get, the better I used to be”
- “Don’t ask, we had an incident”
- “There’s something going on with this beer”
Upcoming B.A.S.H. events:
- 9-June-13: B.A.S.H. meeting (Lou Needleman, English Mild competition)
- 14-July-13: B.A.S.H. meeting (B&J’s on Staples at Timbergate, hosted by Paul Holder)
- 3-Aug-13: Mead Day (need host, brewing demonstration open to public)
- 11-Aug-13: B.A.S.H. meeting (Nick Nicoll, European amber lager competition)
Thanks again John and Nikki, keep on brewin’ and we’ll see you next month at Lou’s (as always, with your own glass)!