The December B.A.S.H. meeting on Sunday the 14th was hosted by Carroll and Judy Pate. Club Vice President Sabrina Krueger called the meeting to order. As usual, no animals were harmed during the presentation of Carroll’s treasury report. We welcomed new member Daniel Fearn.
Member Kevin Ramler has accepted a position as art director of a museum in Farmington, New Mexico. We will miss Kevin and Abbie. Jason Merry has been advanced to Petty Officer First Class in the Coast Guard. Tom Freund reminded everyone not to miss next month’s meeting where we judge the Iron Mash XI beers, award the coveted bling medals and watch the winners drink from the trophy goblet.
As we enjoyed Carroll and Judy’s carnitas and beans, we consumed new homebrews from Craig Gann/Lou Needleman/Mike Wojdyla (80 shilling ale), Paul Holder (Imperial Belgian golden ale), Claudio Montiel (milk stout), Carroll (“half wit”) and Chris “Santa” Swanson (Northwest Pale Ale). Interesting commercial beers included Tom’s Lindeman’s Cassis Lambic, Craig’s Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Andrew Herzig and Sabrina’s Stone Go To IPA, Cerveceria Mexicana Queen of the Night Pale Ale and Left Coast Wake Up Dead Nitro Russian Imperial Stout and Lou Needleman’s Woodstock IPA, Brown Ale, Red Ale and Pumpkin Autumn Ale.
As the evening wore on, Carroll provided the comedic relief. As Doctor Lou examined Carroll’s injured toe, Carroll insisted “There’s nuthin’ wrong with it, except it hurts like hell!” Later he asked someone “Did you get some Guacamala?” Answer “Isn’t that a country?”
Upcoming B.A.S.H. events:
- 11-Jan-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (Tom Freund, Iron Mash XI judging)
- 8-Feb-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (Walt Crawford, Fruit/Smoked/Wood Aged competition, BJCP 20A, 22A-C)
- 8-Mar-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (Lou Needleman, brewing demonstration)
- 12-Apr-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (Carroll Pate, pig roast, light hybrid beer competition, BJCP 6A-D)
- 2-May-15: Big Brew (B&J’s Pizza on Staples at Timbergate?, multiple brewing demonstrations)
- 17-May-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (John Daniels?)
- 14-Jun-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (Daniel Nutting, English ESB/Pale ale competition, BJCP 8C)
- 12-July-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (B&J’s Pizza on Staples at Timbergate, hosted by Paul Holder)
Thanks again Carroll and Judy, good luck Kevin and Abbie, congratulations Jason, keep on brewin’ and we’ll see you next month at Tom and Rocky’s!