John and Nikki Daniels hosted the May B.A.S.H. meeting on Sunday the 17th at their home in Rockport. Early arrivals spread out on the new composite deck and watched Paul Holder drink a glass of ice water! Club Vice President Sabrina Krueger called the meeting to order. The club treasury is dwindling somewhat leading up to July’s massive dues infusion. Club elections will take place next month. All B.A.S.H. members are invited to the upcoming Lazy Beach Brewing Company grand opening. D-Day for this event is Saturday, June 6th.
Beers for next months’ English ESB/Pale Ale competition are best consumed at 50⁰F, not ice cold. Please give your competition beers to Sabrina upon arrival. For August’s session beer competition you MUST declare an original gravity upon entry of each beer.
After destroying a nice spread of appetizers, we shifted the attack to Nikki’s taco salad. New homebrews were a little sparse this month – Paul’s hefeweizen, Wild Bill Lehfeld’s “Dimwit” Belgian White and Carroll Pate’s “Tom Freund” porter. We did achieve considerable inventory reduction on previously sampled homebrews. Several interesting commercial beers were shared, including Tom’s Alamo Amber Lager, Goliad Golden Ale and Real Ale Hans Pils, Andrew Herzig/Sabrina’s Highland Brewing Company Gaelic Ale and Odell Tree Shaker Peach IPA, Lou Needleman’s Tennant’s Whiskey Oak Aged, Rio Grande Desert Pilsner, Sierra Blanca De La Vega’s Pecan Beer, Ballast Point Victory At Sea and Marble India Pale Ale, and Phil Sims’ Choc Winter Stout and Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale.
NSA surveillance captured the following baffling exchanges :
- Carroll -- “Nobody’s got one as big as mine”
- Paul – “You’ve got about one inch behind you” Wild Bill – “That’s what she said”
- Sabrina – “I’ll bring a thermometer” Lou – “Oral or rectal? It’s a question of flavor”
The meeting ended as it began – with a Paul Holder shocker. For the first time in 33 years, Paul was ONE OF THE FIRST TO LEAVE. The end is nigh!
Upcoming B.A.S.H. events:
- 14-Jun-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (Daniel Nutting, English ESB/Pale ale competition, BJCP 8C)
- 12-July-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (B&J’s Pizza on Staples at Timbergate, hosted by Paul Holder)
- 9-Aug-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (Daniel Fearn, <4% ABV aka Session Beer competition)
- 13-Sep-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (Mark Woerner, demonstration brew)
- 11-Oct-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (Andrew Herzig/Sabrina Krueger, sour ale competition, BJCP 17A - F)
Thanks again John and Nikki, see a doctor, Paul, keep on brewin’ and we’ll see you next month at Daniel Nutting’s!