The July B.A.S.H. meeting was held on Sunday the 13th at the B&J’s Pizza on Staples at Timbergate. New club President Cory Mathews called the meeting to order and welcomed new members Alex “A-Train” Almandarez, Nick Barela and Paul Kalaghan. Treasurer Carroll Pate was off embezzlin’ again, but sent his henchman Bob “Bullwhip” Davis to collect dues for the new fiscal year. Most members present fearfully paid up.
Paul Holder began taking orders for B.A.S.H. t-shirts ($10)/polo shirts ($16) and ladies tank tops ($14). A 50% deposit is required to order. We approved an expenditure of $50 to have an embroidery shop enter our club logo into their computer. This will allow members to walk in with their own clothing and get the logo embroidered for $4. We also approved an expenditure of $100 to renew our American Homebrewers Association (AHA) dues.
There was no competition or brewing demonstration this month. We wolfed down B&J’s pizza courtesy of Paul. New homebrews included pale ale by Drew Burkhardt/Cory Mathews, coconut porter, pale ale and Irish red ale by Ruben Cantu, chipotle amber and Cubano ale by Paul Holder, Big Brew American pale ale by Aggie Bill Hughen and altbier and peach ginger blonde ale by Kevin Ramler. Drew and Cory also supplied a bottle of Branch Line Evil Owl beer.
Everyone was well-behaved and relaxed, until Travis Clapp started dribbling down Paul’s leg again …
Upcoming B.A.S.H. events:
- 10-Aug-14: B.A.S.H. meeting (Nick Nicoll pool party, Saison competition, BJCP 16C)
- 14-Sep-14: B.A.S.H. meeting (Adam Klager, brewing demonstration)
- 12-Oct-14: B.A.S.H. meeting (Claudio Montiel, bock competition, BJCP 5A-D)
- 1-Nov-14: Iron Mash XI (B&Js Pizza on Staples at Timbergate, multiple brewing demonstrations)
- 9-Nov-14: B.A.S.H. meeting (Andrew Herzig/Sabrina Krueger, barleywine competition, BJCP 19B/19C)
- 14-Dec-14: B.A.S.H. meeting (Carroll Pate, brewing demonstration)
- 11-Jan-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (Tom Freund, Iron Mash XI judging)
- 8-Feb-15: B.A.S.H. meeting (need host, Fruit/Smoked/Wood Aged competition, BJCP 20A, 22A-C)
Thanks again B&J’s and Paul, keep on brewin’ and we’ll see you next month at Nick Nicoll’s pool!